CatCatGrouping is a MediaWiki extension.
- Main purpose: Addon for CategoryTree. 'Tag-like' grouping for category pages — based on other categories of listed pages. Also allows to disable 3-column lists in categories.
- Repository: https://github.com/mediawiki4intranet/CatCatGrouping
- Homepage: http://wiki.4intra.net/CatCatGrouping
- License: GPLv2.0+
- Created: 2012-11-20
- Our rating: May be useful (3)
Status for Mediawiki4Intranet distribution:
- Inclusion date: 2012-11-20
- Included version: newest available
- Improvement status: Created by MediaWiki4Intranet project
Intended for more sensible grouping of pages on category pages — pages having more than one categories will be listed grouped by other categories and not the first letter.
Can be switched on via adding of magic word to the category page.
Can be switched on globally via $wgCategorySubcategorizedList = true; in LocalSettings.php. Then you’ll be able to turn it off via magic word.
Disabling of 3-column lists
magic word will force linear page listing for category when being put on its page.
Also you can disable column lists globally for categories with less than X pages via $wgMinUncatPagesList = X; in LocalSettings.php.
First install CategoryTree, then add the following into your LocalSettings.php: