Revision as of 15:31, 15 February 2013 by VitaliyFilippov
This is a page snapshot, showing old (but not deleted) versions of images and templates.
FlvHandler is a MediaWiki extension.
- Main purpose: Support inserting Flash video players onto wiki pages using normal image syntax. Supports FLV+MP3 or H.264+AAC codecs inside FLV or MP4 containers.
- Repository: https://github.com/mediawiki4intranet/FlvHandler
- Homepage: FlvHandler on mediawiki.org* Compatible MediaWiki versions: guaranteed 1.16+, maybe others
- License: GPLv2.0+* Created: 2009-02-01* Our rating: Definitely useful (5)
Status for Mediawiki4Intranet distribution:
- Inclusion date: 2009-09-09
- Included version: newest available
- Improvement status: Forked in MediaWiki4Intranet with major improvements
After installation you can insert videoplayers on wiki pages using normal wiki-syntax: [[File:Video.mp4]].
- Video player code is embedded anywhere (including Image Page) except Image Galleries and when size is set less than $wgMinFLVSize = array(180,180) by default. In Image Galleries, a «filmstrip» icon is also shown below each video to distinguish between videos and images.
- Some error message formatting.
- English+Russian i18n.
- Removed commented out legacy-code (no hooks at all!).
- Ability to set
$wgFLVProbesbefore the inclusion of FlvHandler.php.
- Automatic prepending of
$wgFlashPlayerwith MediaWiki script path (
- Support for any Unicode video file names (r3 can not download files with non-latin1 filenames).
- Collages of 4 frames as previews when size is more than
- Modified FlvHandler is free of errors «frame size must be a multiple of 2» generated by ffmpeg, because the frame is extracted, and THEN resized using ImageMagick.
- Flow player 3.1.3 bundled.
Return these changes back to trunk.
- Install ffmpeg on your server (see also window$ version) and make sure it’s in PATH environment variable.
- Then as usual put require_once "$IP/extensions/FlvHandler/FlvHandler.php"; to your LocalSettings.php.
- To disable embedding of video player code on image galleries and image pages, you need to apply 1-line patches to ImageGallery.php and ImagePage.php:
patch includes/ImagePage.php < extensions/FlvHandler/ImagePage.php.diff patch includes/ImageGallery.php < extensions/FlvHandler/ImageGallery.php.diff