Revision as of 16:50, 15 February 2013 by VitaliyFilippov (Talk | contribs)
OpenID is a MediaWiki extension.
- Main purpose: Supports MediaWiki authentication using the buggy, but most popular single sign-on technology — OpenID.
- Repository: https://github.com/mediawiki4intranet/OpenID
- Homepage: OpenID on mediawiki.org
- Compatible MediaWiki versions: guaranteed 1.18+, maybe others
- License: GPLv2.0+
- Created: 2006-07-25
- Our rating: Likely useful (4)
Status for Mediawiki4Intranet distribution:
- Inclusion date: 2009-05-15
- Included version: newest available
- Improvement status: Minor improvements in MediaWiki4Intranet
After the installation, «Login with OpenID» link is displayed right after normal login link. The user who wants to authenticate using OpenID must click it and follow the instructions — he’ll be asked for a confirmation from his OpenID server and then MediaWiki will suggest creating a local account binded to OpenID identity or binding an existing one to it. After binding his identity he’ll be able to authenticate just using OpenID, without the need for any additional steps.
- Display OpenID prompt string on normal login page.
- Always use redirects instead of an auto-submitting POSTed form (visible to user) in OpenID implementation when the resulting URL length is <= 2048 bytes.
- Back-ported trunk into MediaWiki 1.18.
- Install php-openid with pear install Auth_OpenID or apt-get install php-openid if you’re on Debian/Ubuntu
- Add require_once("$IP/extensions/OpenID/OpenID.setup.php"); to your LocalSettings.php
- Run php maintenance/update.php to apply database changes